REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF NURSING/ ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews the Pre-Admission screen prior to admission to determine
admission acceptability. Advises
Administrator of any questionable admissions.
2. Completes an admission care plan for the resident.
3. Determines the Assessment Reference Date at time of admission.
4. Advises the unit of the “look back” period and provides the unit with
the Certified Nursing Assistant worksheet.
5. Schedules assessments for all Medicare residents to meet PPS
guidelines, notifies appropriate staff assessment dates and assures that
required time frames are met without exception.
6. Conducts the full assessment on or before Day 5. Coordinates the completion of the
Comprehensive Assessment on or Before Day 14.
7. Notifies the Interdisciplinary Team of the Resident Care Plan
meeting. Coordinates the Care Plan
8. Completes and faxes to the corporate office the Medicare Verification
of Funding form in a timely manner (By Day 5 upon admission and upon RUGS III
level change during stay). Coordinates
all RUGS III level changes throughout resident’s stay, working closely with
Therapy and Nursing. Communicates all
reimbursement level changes to Business Office Manager as soon as pending level
change is identified.
9. Identifies potential discrepancies between therapy provides and RUG III
claimed on Medicare A residents.
10. Runs draft of all MDS’s prior to locking the MDS on all Medicare A
11. Assures all MDS’s are transmitted within the required time frames.
12. Attends and actively participates in all utilization review and therapy
team conference meetings.
Manager on Duty will do facility rounds, checking each department and getting
reports from the nursing supervisors. Duties will include, but are not limited
to, facility tours for prospective admissions, assisting with resolution of
resident concerns and overall facility operation
14. Others responsibilities assigned
Days; Monday –Friday. May be required to work
Evening shift, Night Shift, Holidays, Weekends as needed.
Required to Participate in Manager on Duty Program.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education: RN, BSN
Licensure: Licensed in the State of Florida
Work Experience: Three years in an LTC facility and experienced in MDS
Computer Literacy: Must know basic data entry, MDS software experience preferred
ESSENTIAL DEMANDS OF THE
Ability to ambulate throughout the facility as needed to complete job
Ability to sit for time required to complete paperwork duties required
Able to work flexible hours
Concrete organizational skills
Outstanding clinical assessment skills
Excellent communication skills
Able to work well with staff (Nursing, Therapy, Interdisciplinary team
members, Business Office)